We may use personal information supplied to us for any of the purposes as set out in this document, or as otherwise disclosed at the point of collection.
What basis do we have for processing your Personal Information?
We will only process Personal Information where we have a lawful reason for doing so. The lawful basis for processing Personal Information by us will be one of the following:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract you are party to or to take steps at your request prior to you entering into a contract;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations;
- the processing is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate business interests (including that of the delivery and the promotion of our services); and
- processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal information for one or more specific purposes.
What Personal Information is collected?
We aim to be transparent about why and how we process Personal Information.
Idea To Shelf Ltd process Personal Information about contacts using a form on this website or (although not restricted to) email recipients. Personal Information is collected and added to the system and may include: name, email address, job title, telephone number, area of business, job role, jurisdiction, language, seniority and other business contact information. The Personal Information may also be collected by virtue of us providing our services to you or at a trade show, networking event and may be collected via website www.ideatoshelf.co.uk
- For contact and communication purposes: we may use your contact information to send you updates on the products and services we offer, news about any events we are organising or participating in, and/or other information about us and the products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
Personal Information is retained on Idea To Shelf Ltd systems for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out above. If a business contact requests to be forgotten their contact details will be deleted from the system. If a business contact opts out of receiving marketing materials their details will still be retained but marketing materials will no longer be sent.
Idea To Shelf Ltd does not and will not use any cookies or software to track on its website.
Clients and individuals associated with clients
We request that our clients only provide Personal Information which is necessary for us to carry out our business.If we need Personal Information in respect of individuals associated with clients to provide our services, we ask our clients to provide this Policy to the data subjects.
In the majority of circumstances, we will collect Personal Information from our clients or from third parties acting on behalf of our clients.
- Providing products and services: we will use and disclose Personal Information in such a manner as we believe is reasonably necessary to provide our products and services to you.
- Administration: to collect amounts due from clients in respect of Products and Services provided. we will use Personal Information to agree to payment arrangements, and to collect amounts due to us in connection with the contract.
- Managing client relationships: providing clients with information on our products and services that we consider may be relevant to them; arranging and hosting events; and identifying where we may make improvements in product and service delivery.
- Client Diligence: As part of our client on-boarding process we may carry out certain background searches to verify whether or not there are any potential issues that may mean we cannot work with a particular person or organisation (to identify criminal convictions, politically exposed persons, sanctions or other potential reputation issues).
- Compliance with anti-money laundering regulation: we may use your Personal Information (e.g. evidence of your identity) in order to fulfil our obligations to check the identity of our clients in compliance with anti-money laundering law and regulations.
Our general retention period for documentation created for the purpose of providing our products and services is 10 years. In some instances, there are legal and regulatory exceptions which may require documentation to be held for longer or shorter periods.
Personal Information in relation to staff will be held on various internal systems and applications. A privacy notice which sets out the purposes for which Personal Information will be processed and contains information on data subject rights is provided to staff at the commencement of employment by Idea To Shelf Ltd
Visitors to www.ideatoshelf.co.uk
Personal Information will be collected if you sign up to attend any of our events, receive our marketing literature or request any other information about the company or its products and services.
- Business contacts: If you receive our marketing literature or other information please see the paragraph above headed ‘Business contacts’.
Personal Information Access:
On occasion, we may need to share your Personal Information with third parties. We will only share Personal Information where we are legally permitted to do so.
Where you supply us with Personal Information as a client, we will assume, unless you instruct us otherwise in writing, that we can disclose your Personal Information in such manner as we believe is reasonably necessary to provide our products and services (including as described in this Policy), or as is required under applicable law. This might be because, for example, we may pass your Personal Information to third parties such as:
- credit-checking agencies for credit control reasons;
- events: we may need to pass on your Personal Information (e.g. name, company, occupation) to a third party in connection with the management of an event, in which case the details will only be used by the third party for that specific purpose;
- business partners, service providers and other affiliated third parties: to enable us to provide our services to you, we may need to share your Personal Information with our business partners (including other professional advisers such as accountants or auditors), external service providers and/or overseas business partners. Our arrangements with external service providers currently cover the provision of support services, outsourced manufacturing, events management, business and market research, marketing and business development and facilities management; and
- disclosures required by law or regulation: in certain circumstances, please note that we may be required to disclose Personal Information under applicable law or regulation, including to law enforcement agencies or in connection with proposed or actual legal proceedings.
How we look after your Personal Information
We have in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against unauthorised or unlawful use, and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
We put in place strict confidentiality agreements (including data protection obligations) with our third-party service providers.
Links to other websites
The Idea To Shelf Ltd website, www.ideatoshelf.co.uk, may link to other, unaffiliated third-party websites. Please note that Idea To Shelf is not, and cannot, control or be responsible for the content or privacy and confidentiality practices of any third-party websites. You must always carefully review the privacy and confidentiality policy of any third-party website that you may visit in order to understand how the operators of that website may collect, store and use your Personal Information.
Your Rights & How to exercise them
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you, or a third party, with copies of the Personal Information we hold about you at any time and to be informed of the contents and origin, verify its accuracy, or else request that such information be supplemented, updated or rectified according to the provisions of local law;
- the right to request erasure, anonymisation or blocking of your Personal Information that is processed in breach of the law;
- the right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your Personal Information. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your Personal Information, if that is the case, we’ll let you know why; and
- withdrawal of consent – when Personal Information is processed based on consent an individual may withdraw consent at any time (this may apply to processing of special categories of Personal Information where you have instructed us to act on your behalf and includes the following: racial/ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs and trade union membership). If you wish not to be contacted via Idea To Shelf media. please contact [email protected] at any point.
While we hope that you will not need to, if you want to complain about our use of Personal Information please send an email detailing your complaint to the Privacy Officer at [email protected]
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
www.ico.org.uk Tel: 0303 123 1113
Updates to this Policy