New for 2021. Take a look at these personalised 1:2:1 courses, designed to equip you with all you need… We’ll go at your pace and either in-person, on the phone or via Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Skype. Each course: £279+VAT per session.
Commercial Workshop for Start-Ups (2 hours)
- Building your trade strategy, choosing the right trade channel to launch into
- Considering retail price, VAT, getting proof of concept, building understanding likely payment terms, budgeting, cashflow, tax incentives
- Understanding a buyer’s mindset, knowing how and when to approach buyers, range review timings
- What to include in a brand introduction, standing out from the crowd, getting traction
Selecting & Negotiating with a Supplier (2 hours)
- how to approach & select the right supplier for you
- Key factors to consider when negotiating your contract
- Supplier’s mindset
- Key Considerations: Scalability, minimum order quantities, cashflow, storage, pricing, certification, palletisation, currency issues
- How to build your own forecast.
Pricing & Trade Marketing (2 hour)
- Building a defendable pricing policy, accounting for buyer’s likely margins and customer, pricing with third parties, export pricing
- Trade marketing options – how to spend your finances
- Creating a Commercial Proposal for each key trade channel
- Learn how to prepare for, structure and win a negotiation
- How to implement a cost price increase
- Discuss the differences between each key trade channel including the high street, grocers, wholesalers, web operators and export customers.
Building A Powerful Trade Pitch (2 hours)
This needs shortening a step by step guide of how to build your own powerful trade pitch, using real examples and learning how to make it interactive and engaging.
- Content : what to include and what not to.
- Top tips on how to make an clear, effective pitch that is visually impactful
- Understanding customer needs and creating retailer value proposition
- How to powerfully engage and what questions you should ask
- How to prepare for and achieve the result you are looking for on pitch-day.
- How to create a clear structure that is right for your pitch and to ensure that each slide links to previous
- How to ensure content is relevant and helps you to achieve your objective.
CREATING AN EFFECTIVE BUSINESS PLAN & INVESTMENT PITCH
- Defining the Objectives of the business plan
- Preparing your investment deck and what to include and what not to
- Creating the right structure for your pitch deck
- Presenting (& Understanding) Financials – which commercials you should focus on
- Importance of evidencing ‘traction’ and ‘consumer engagement’ in your business plan.
- Consideration of how and what you’d spend your investment on
- What questions are likely to come up & how to respond.